Multi-activity vessel for well intervention, P&A and decommissioning
Four legged and designed as a MODU to SNAME T&R 5.5A the Chameleon represents a ‘Pocket MODU’ – freeing you from the higher day rates of drilling MODUs and the crane and weather limitations of liftboats.
- Reducing the time taken to place a self-erecting rig onto a suitable platform to a matter of hours compared to rig erection on-site taking 12-15 days;
- A drill floor with an unparalleled levelling ability allowing for increased positioning relative to well heads;
- Lighter cantilever beams and skidding drill floor allowing more equipment (weight) to be loaded onto the vessel;
- The drill floor moves on top of the cantilever beams meaning a greater area of deck space is always available;
- The cantilever has the same outreach as a large drilling JU – but without the associated costs.
- Reducing the cost of well servicing, intervention, and P&A by up to 50% by removing the need to bring a drilling JU to the location;
- Savings upwards of >30 Tug and >6 MODU charter days achievable at every Mob / Move / Demob when compared to using a JU Drilling MODU;
- Faster mobilisation, faster transit, faster jacking, faster to commence work;
- Reduction in waste when compared to only using 20-30% of a JU Drilling MODU’s capability.
The Chameleon design was recognised as a finalist at the World Oil Awards 2016, in the category ‘Best Well Intervention’ idea. View the particulars and general specifications (March 2018) and GAs. (Opens as pdf.)
View the Chameleon as adapted to meet the needs of OOS Energy, OOS MAU Luctor et Emergo.
To find out more about how the Chameleon can meet your particular needs, call Iain Steven on 0141 354 7966.
Or come and meet us in person at these upcoming events.